Modis ITO Case Study Technology
Read in the Case Studies how customers use the Modis ITO IT support.
Initial Situation and Objectives for Modis ITO
In 1999, a world-leading multi-technology group could only rely on a response center in which a few employees received calls from end users. The requests were not resolved.
The Group was therefore looking for a competent partner to implement a central Service Desk with qualified support and solution competence. Success factors were and are availability, quality, flexibility as well as technical and language competence.
Case Study Technology Sector: The Modis ITO Solution
In close coordination with our customer, we developed a support concept for a central Service Desk as Single-Point-of-Contact (SPOC). Since then, IT enquiries from end users and IT failures have been received and processed in 1st and 2nd level support. At least 80% of the requests can be solved within four hours by our support team.
Since the existence of the Service Desk, the scope of services has grown continuously: From our Modis ITO Service Centers in Erfurt and Leipzig, we support standard applications as well as customer-specific software and hardware products, mobile devices as well as queries and failure reports concerning network infrastructure, access and other administrative issues.
Service Desk Setup
- Project start: 1999
- Reporting volume: 11,000 to 13,000 contacts per month
- Service hours: Monday - Friday 6.00 - 19.30 (CET) as well as Sunday 8.00 – 17.00
- Languages: German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish
Service Desk Support
Depth of Service
- multi lingual 1st Level Support, 2nd Level Support, Tracking
- User Administration (Windows Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Mainframe)
- Service Management, Reporting and Analyses
- Remote Support
- e.g. MS Windows, MS Office 365, Lotus Notes, Lync
- Clients and Domino Server
- Antivirus, Customized Software, Hardware, mobile Device Support
Our IT support for this customer is particularly characterized by the high availability of languages: Native speakers in twelve languages help end users with their IT queries.
Due to the high availability of our support team by telephone, problems in the client and server area (software, hardware qualification) can be handled and solved quickly. This in turn pleases our customers, because their employees are quickly able to work again.
By pre-qualifying the queries in Erfurt and, to a large extent, also resolving them, the customer's IT staff is also relieved and can process their core tasks more efficiently.
The results of this long-term service are reflected in a permanent customer satisfaction of more than 95%.